Disconnection and Reconnection
Our customer policy aims at discouraging the disconnection of our services, but rather using all available means that give the customer the opportunity to pay. These include:-
- Sending reminders a day to the due date through sms encouraging prompt payment of bills.
- Bills posted to be accompanied by a notice to pay before the due date.
- 14 clear days is given to the customer within which he/she should have paid the water bill.
- Once in a while carry out physical visits to encourage customers to pay water bill.
- Confirmation if the customers have not paid before issuing the disconnection orders.
- Encouraging customers with huge bills to enter into part payment plan.
- Disconnecting customers who have refused HOMAWASCO staff to entry to their property for meter reading and have unpaid bills.
- Customers who are disconnected and have taken more than 6 months before paying, a disconnection from the main line will be effected.
- Effect disconnection as the very last option.
Reconnection will be carried out after:
- Full payment of the amount on the bill
- The customer has filled and signed a Part payment agreement to pay the balance by installment.
- Payment of reconnection fee that is Kshs. 500
- All paid up customers will be reconnected within 48 hours.