Homa-Bay County Water and Sanitation Company Limited (HOMAWASCO) was incorporated on 27th June, 2007 in accordance with Water Act 2002 later repealed by Water Act 2016. The new Act (2016) aligned national water management and water services provision with the requirements of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly on the clauses devolving water and sanitation services to the county governments who are consequently the owners of Water Service Providers (WSPs). HOMAWASCO operates within the framework, standards and regulations prescribed by Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB) and has a jurisdiction limited to the boundaries of Homa Bay County covering area of 3,154.7 square kilometres with an estimated population of 1,131,950 people. The core business of Homa-Bay County Water and Sanitation Company is to supply water and provide sewerage services to the residents within its area of jurisdiction. The company has five water schemes and one waste water plant namely:
- Homa-Bay Water Supply covering Homabay Township.
- Mbita Water Supply covering Mbita Township.
- West Karachuonyo Water Supply covering part of Rachuonyo North sub County.
- Kendu-Bay Water Supply covering part of Rachuonyo North Sub County.
- Oyugis Water Supply covering part of Rachuonyo south Sub County.
- Homa Bay Waste Water Plant covering Homabay Township.
- Homawasco Rural Water Program covering part of Homabay West Ward, Rodi.
A recognized & respected leader in provision of water and sanitation services in Kenya.
To provide safe, reliable, and affordable water and sanitation services to all residents of Homabay County.