Homa Bay County Water and Sanitation Company Limited is a Water Service Provider incorporated on 12thJune, 2006. It owes its existence to the Water Sector Reforms which have been ongoing for more than a decade to rectify institutional weaknesses that hampered efficient water and sanitation services delivery in Kenya. The reforms culminated in the enactment of the Water Act 2002 which established various corporate bodies to play different but complementary roles in the management of water resources in the Country. Among the bodies established by the Water Act was Water Services Board (WSB) to ensure efficient and economical water and sanitation services provision. The WSB do not provide water services directly but use of Water Services Providers (WSP) as their agents.
The Water Service providers operate with the powers conferred to the Boards by the licence issued by Water Services Regulatory Board (WSRB). The Water Service provides sign a Water Service Provision Agreement with the WSB which states obligations of the Water Service provider and that of the Water Services Board. Homa Bay County Water and Sanitation Company Limited (HOMAWASCO) has signed such an agreement with Lake Victoria South Water Services Board, the Board with jurisdiction to manage water services in the region where HOMAWASCO is operating.
To be an excellent water and sewerage services provider .
To adequately and sustainably provide world standard water and sewerage services to all households, institution, business units and our consumers while ensuring affordability, reliability and maximum customer satisfaction and benefits to all the stakeholders.
• Accountability – being transparent and accountable in the use of resources entrusted to the organization.
• Customer Focus – The Company recognizes that the customers are the reason for its existence, and therefore endeavours to provide services that meet the customer’s needs.
• Commitment – The company strives to demonstrate commitment to its core values and create a superior performance culture.
• Creativity and innovation – HOMAWASCO endeavour s to encourage and reward creativity and positive risk taking
• Integrity – The company embraces honesty and truthfulness in discharging responsibilities.
• Professionalism – The company takes a professional and objective approach in all operations. The company upholds competence, high standards, reliability and excellence in its duties work.
• Team work – HOMAWASCO staff work as a team, supporting each other and harnessing different skills to achieve its goals.